You might think that your decorating skills are top-notch – and they might be, but you’ve decorated your home to live in it. A home stager will set it up to sell; there is a big difference between these two concepts. Consider it this way – you would never go for a job interview in your casual, everyday clothes – you would put on your best suit before heading out the door; the same philosophy applies to home staging.
Here are a few of the benefits of staging your home:
– It will sell a lot faster!
– It will bring in the highest possible price, because:
* It gives the appearance of being well-maintained
* It makes potential buyers see themselves in the space
– Staged homes make a great first impression
– Staged homes will stay with a buyer long after they have left
– Staged homes look great online (and most buyers will look at a property online before making an appointment to see it)
– Agents tend to show staged homes more frequently because they know that they show well
Yes, you will have to hire a professional home stager, but it will be money well spent. Your agent can definitely suggest home stagers that they work with or you can look up home staging services in your neighbourhood. Whatever route you take, be sure that it includes a professional home stager if you are looking to sell your home.